Peri Peri Chicken Burgers – 5 mins prep – 10 mins to cook
Makes enough marinade for 3 chicken thighs/2 people.
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil (mainly because its a neutral oil with a high smoke point)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic crushed (I cheated and used a jar of pre minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons of pickle juice (feel free to use another acid here – lime juice of vinegar would work well)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Step 1: Place ingredients into a bowl and leave to marinade – anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours.
Step 2: Grill chicken thighs
I used a skillet to grill the chicken thighs over a medium heat for approximately 4 minutes per side. Helpfully, I’d just purchased a meat thermometer – I removed the chicken when it hit 175F.
Step 3: Construct burger
After cooking the chicken, I let the chicken rest for 5 minutes while I put together a quick coleslaw, grilled the bread (in the same pan as the chicken) and added pickles.