The no-knead bread recipe, created by Jim Lahey – founder of Sullivan Street Bakery, is simple and produces outstanding results every time.
- 430 grams flour
- 1 gram yeast
- 8 grams salt
- 345 grams water
- Combine flour, yeast and salt and mix.
- Add water and stir until the dough is sticky in a ball type shape – don’t over think this – it should take less than a minute – no kneading required.
- Wrap with plastic wrap/cling film and rest for 12-18 hours at warm room temperature, about 70F/21C.
- The dough will be ready when it has bubbles on the surface and after the proofing in step 1 has completed.
- On a floured work surface, fold the dough over on itself once or twice.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap/cling film and let rest about 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball and place onto a square piece of parchment paper – seam side down.
- Let rise for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 450F degrees with your cast iron/dutch oven in oven as it heats up.
- Remove the pot and lower in the parchment paper by for corners – shake pot to get dough even.
- .Cover with lid and bake 30 minutes, then remove lid and bake another 15 minutes, until loaf is browned